36 E. Montgomery is the first brick house to have built in
is the only house of its size in the neighborhood.A carpenter named John Fisher brought the plans for his house
with him when he relocated from Philadelphia.The original doorway was removed and is now on display
at the Baltimore Museum of Art.Though this would have been considered a standard
middle class home in Baltimore when it was built in 1795,
Fisher operated the building as an inn and boarding house when
he first completed construction.