the right hand side at the corner of Montgomery and Sharp
stands the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Church was
built by a congregation of Methodists in 1889.
stained-glass windows and the Belgian-block paving on the
two adjacent streets are original vintage. To the left another
adjoining neighborhood, Sharp and Leadenhall, was founded
by free blacks in the late 18th Century. It is one of Baltimore's
earliest African-American Communities.